> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,479
Threads: 56,512
Welcome to our newest member, Ks127
Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default "Time for outdoor retailers to leave Utah in disgust"

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/479890...r-retailers-to

Just thought I'd post this here. The outdoor industry is beginning to push back on Utah, the hunting and angling industry needs to start doing the same.
#1DEER 1-I is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I suggest nobody buy any OTC General Bull (rifle or archery) tag this year. Plenty of other states to hunt and you have better quality and/or you can shoot more than a spike.
High Desert Elk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
West side Utah Lake

Ahhh snowflakes
LostLouisianian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

You can also just totally boycott the state of Utah's draw system along with anything else that has to do with the outdoors. Need a boat? Go to Idaho or Colorado to buy it, but then where are you going to use it at if you are boycotting the Utah outdoors?

Every outdoor and outdoor sporting goods dealer could move every brick and motar store that they have in Utah outside of it and make just as much money off of mail order and perhaps more. Fewer employees, no building to take care of, no property taxes to deal with.

The only people that they are going to hurt are the people that buy items from their stores when they walk into them. Just think, no more running over to Cabela's to pick up that new rifle that you want. Need some fishing gear, pull up Bass Pro on the computer and see what you want then wait a week for it to get to your home.

Some of these ideas that people come up with are about as dumb as they are.
Huge29 and LostLouisianian like this.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLouisianian View Post
Ahhh snowflakes
You're childish behavior surfaces again. It's really quite laughable. They want to further lower the GSL, transfer and sell public lands, sell public wildlife to the highest bidder, sell their DWR to a nonprofit, and try to lock you out of public waters. Yet there's still sportsmen such as yourself who apparently believe you aren't being screwed over by the politicians in this state and vote again and again to reinforce the screwing you're getting.
JerryH, mlob1one and ssssnake529 like this.

Last edited by #1DEER 1-I; 01-10-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
You can also just totally boycott the state of Utah's draw system along with anything else that has to do with the outdoors. Need a boat? Go to Idaho or Colorado to buy it, but then where are you going to use it at if you are boycotting the Utah outdoors?

Every outdoor and outdoor sporting goods dealer could move every brick and motar store that they have in Utah outside of it and make just as much money off of mail order and perhaps more. Fewer employees, no building to take care of, no property taxes to deal with.

The only people that they are going to hurt are the people that buy items from their stores when they walk into them. Just think, no more running over to Cabela's to pick up that new rifle that you want. Need some fishing gear, pull up Bass Pro on the computer and see what you want then wait a week for it to get to your home.

Some of these ideas that people come up with are about as dumb as they are.
This is more about pulling 2 trade show that benefits Utah with $50 million in direct spending. Also, retail is on its slow way to death, I do 90% of my shopping online as it is already.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

FWIW, based on the responses on this thread, I'm not sure that anyone responding (even 1 eye) realizes that the op-ed piece is only talking about moving the Outdoor Retailers Convention and not a boycott of anything.

Also, loss of this large Convention would indeed represent a genuine hit to Salt lake's economy, so the action would not be dumb at all if the Outdoor Retailers as a group wanted to take a substantive stand against the policies the State of Utah is pursuing. It is an easy argument that this industry has a vested interest in keeping public lands public.

Carry on.
#1DEER 1-I, stillhunterman and BG1 like this.
Catherder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I realized it Catheder I mentioned it in my last post. Thing is they could move to a state next door and take their economic impact with them and may even do better in a state like Colorado.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

I won't be buying any more Black Diamond products!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
West side Utah Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgetop View Post
I won't be buying any more Black Diamond products!
Neither will I

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.