Utah Wildlife Forum banner

what can I expect...

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  highcountryfever 
#1 ·
So fellas I am hoping some of you fine gents will have had a similar situation to shed light upon.
Do to the world we live in, one of the stores I make purchases at using a credit card had a data breach. The credit card company being awesome proactively for protection of customers issued me a new card with a new account number. This is all good except it is the same CC account number that is on my 2017 big game application. Apparently I only had until May 3rd to make a change in the system with CC info. So now it must be processed differently/manually if I draw tags. So the question is what and when can I expect things to go down.

Cheddar-

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about your issues, been there done that. Once the draw actually starts, if you are successful they will attempt to charge your account. When it comes up the account is invalid, they will attempt you call you several times to give you a chance to give them a new card number. That will probably happen within the first 3 days of the draw. Best of luck to you!

#4 ·
oh good. I knew they would call but kinda thought it would be long after all the dust settles from the draw. Meaning like in June or something. I've waited long enough like everyone else lol. Need to make summer plans etc.

Cheddar-

#5 ·
oh good. I knew they would call but kinda thought it would be long after all the dust settles from the draw. Meaning like in June or something. I've waited long enough like everyone else lol. Need to make summer plans etc.

Cheddar-
They should be pretty prompt with the call, but I sure do feel bad for them as I am sure they have so many of these types of calls to make from all the cards that get declined in the process. ;)

#8 ·
This is old hat for them. I have to assume this happens literally hundreds of times every year in every state they conduct the draw.

Like Dustin said, you can be proactive and call them and change it any time you want. The deadline cutoff to change was just for doing it online through the application website. Or you can wait until they call you. If it were me, I'd call them so I wasn't stressed about maybe not being able to answer when I get a call on their time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.