»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,603
Threads: 57,025
Welcome to our newest member, Beanus
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
longbow
Bjorne Lou Czar

Scott_rn and his friend Brian came loaded for...well, for bear.

We had a good weather day. It got a little windy later but not bad. We covered a lot of country hiking into a clearcut at the end of Saposa and checking beaches by boat. The grass on the flats isn't coming up like I'd hoped. Maybe a few sprigs here and there but not enough to attract bears. We saw very few tracks. We checked one bay and there were a ton of seagulls, ravens, crows and eagles making a ruckus in the back by a gravel bar. Brian stayed with the boat while Scott and I went to check it out. We found no bear tracks or any evidence as to why they were there. When we got back to the boat, Brian said "did you see those bears?" No. We were looking for tracks in the mud and didn't notice the bears cross the back of the bay and go up into the trees. That's all the bears we saw......until.
Soon after we got into my house, Nick rings my doorbell and says "there's a bear down on the shore" What!? We run out to my back deck and sure enough there was a orangish/blonde bear be-bopping along the beach. He was on KRAA property so he was off limits and he was only around 7ft so I doubt Scott would have shot him anyway. Still fun though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0038.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	751.3 KB
ID:	109177  
longbow is offline   Reply With Quote