»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,603
Threads: 57,025
Welcome to our newest member, Beanus

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Training collars

Well my Tri-Tronics pro 100XL collar quit on meÖ again .
Iím thinking of switching to either the Dogtra 2300NCP or 3500NCP. Does anyone have any experience with the Dogtra products good or bad?? Any comments or product reviews would be appreciated.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Training collars

I have a 1900 NCP 2 dog unit and am very happy with it. The 2300 is basically the updated version of what I have. I'm sure it would treat you right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhntrdstn
im not that dumb.
Donttreadonme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've never used those Dogtra models, but the Tritronics Pro 100 G2 EXP is the best collar setup I've ever used. I own the Pro 100XL and it still works OK at 7 years old, but the G2 EXP series is worlds apart from the old stuff.

I don't know how long you've had the 100XL, but any electronic device has a limited life span. You'll see degraded performance from all brands as the batteries and hardware components age and are subjected to field use.

Has Tritronics treated you well for service work? I'm curious because I've never had to have any of their products repaired.
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've had several Dogtra collars and they work great. I have their newer 2-dog unit with the LCD readout and it's great. They're smaller and the lithium batteries recharge in about 2 hours. I've never had a single issue.
Gumbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Tritronics has a special going until the end of the month. Trade in your old collar for 40% off a new one. I just traded in my Pro 100 for a Flyway. Smokin deal. My old Pro 500 collar that I won at a raffle in 1999 is still going strong. The 100 was a collar that I got used and it was not working when I traded it.
North Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Mountain
Trade in your old collar for 40% off a new one.
Dude, thanks for that info. I know what I'll be doing with my 100XL this week!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Has Tritronics treated you well for service work? I'm curious because I've never had to have any of their products repaired
Their customer service reps. are quite pleasant to talk to unfortunately I have had to deal with them enough to find that out.

I bought my first pro 100 and used it pretty heavily,(4-5 hours a day 4 days a week) when I was running field trials. That collar lasted almost two years and the batteries went out. I called Tri-tronics and the acknowledged that they had received some bad batteries from one of their suppliers. They replaced the collar no problems. The replacement collar lasted about a year and a half. When it quit I sent it back for a replacement (2 year warranty) They said they couldn't honor the warranty because it was a replacement collar and the warranty period started with the purchase of the original collar which had expired. They also said that they either couldn't fix it or no longer worked on that model I don't remember which. But they offered to take it on trade similar to the deal they are offering now. So i bought the Pro 100XL.
I have since quit field trialing so this collar has had very limited use. I drought if I have more than 80 hours actual use on this collar and it quit powering on. I talked to their customer service they told me about the trade in offer and also said they no longer work on the 100XL and referred me to Collar clinic if I wanted to see if they could repair it.

I just can't see buying a new collar every couple years....there has got to be something better out there....
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have the 2300 Dogtra----- certainly nothing bad to say about- simple- never a problem - couldn't be happier with it.

Packfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.