Utah Wildlife Forum banner

season recap

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  king eider 
#1 ·
Id have to say that this season was one for the books! Lots of fun, lots of birds, challenging, yet very rewarding!! A few highlight photos to share!!

Spent good quality time in the blind with this guy! Absolutely love hunting with my young son! birds or not, this is what truly matters!! Hot october days...

Had several amazing corn field hunts

Even videoed after the hunt how spectacular it was.

Click on the picture to watch the video.

Sadly this is/was my dogs last hunt. 10 years of hunting awesomeness and its over.... retired to a life in the backyard and laziness...

Welcomed a new dog to the hunting craziness! Say hello to the General! As a 1st year dog this guy was impressive! Has a nose like no other!!

The General and his loyal subjects!

Happened into a few geese here and there...

Took a first timer on this hunt. Real fun to watch a guy who has never had a flock of geese in his face.

Fast and furious December mallard shoot.

Had the privilege of hunting with the diverfreak. what an addiction Canvasback hunting can be! Wow!!

My boy and his first bird with his new gun Santa brought him.

I really got hooked on hunting late season Can's

Enjoy your time out doors! Above all enjoy that time with a friend!!!! Great season!!! Now comes decoy carving season!!!

See less See more
#9 ·
It's time to change your username to King CAN!

I'd say you had a stellar season brother!!
Hardly the guy you could call King Can. I'm happy with being a guy obsessed with King Eiders(wait till you see my king eider project)!! who else around here is foolish enough to go after them twice? I have a bunch of cork on order for a sweet late season can spread! got lots of cork to throw to complete my decoy spread.

This last season I spent a lot of time chasing birds in other places. the birds were not consistently in a few reliable spots of years past. so for those folks who have a few areas they frequent I'm sure they had a sub par season! love the dynamics of waterfowl!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.