> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 7,619
Threads: 45,446
Welcome to our newest member, K55C
Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

Britts can be great dogs, mine sure was. I take exception to the statement that nobody does it on their own. I started hunting grouse and chukar on my own in 1983. Al Gore didn't invent the Internet until much later. I just bought a backyard Brittany, took her up into the hills and followed her around. Pretty simple, really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler213 View Post
I take exception to the statement that nobody does it on their own. I started hunting grouse and chukar on my own in 1983.
No offense intended. I've worn out as much boot leather over the years as anyone. Most of it by myself, even when I was young. But, honestly, *help* came in many forms..some by others mentoring, some in casual discussions, some in the written words of others, and yes, some by my asking questions. I stand by "no one does it on their own".

Last edited by vdogs; 09-11-2013 at 10:19 AM.
vdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for the help! I have got some good advice that should make this season a memorable one. I will make sure to post up some reports on my hunts and hopefully next season i will be the one giving advice!
brendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdogs View Post
No offense intended. I've worn out as much boot leather over the years as anyone. Most of it by myself, even when I was young. But, honestly, *help* came in many forms..some by others mentoring, some in casual discussions, some in the written words of others, and yes, some by my asking questions. I stand by "no one does it on their own".
Class act. We should all pay it forward. God knows I have been blessed by many during my life. Helping new hunters find success keeps them active and anyone with desire to chase chukars is a TRUE sportsman.
Bret, Mavis13 and brendo like this.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

I think its safe to say that if someone along the line didn't show each and everyone of us how/what/when to hunt/fish, I don't think any of us would be cruising this forum! Good luck to you kid and don't listen to the jackass who said otherwise!
fyfcalls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #26 (permalink)

Mentoring is a good way to keep the American Hunting culture alive. I believe these forums are an ideal way to share information to help one another.I also believe that is why forums were started. For the free flow of information.
Good Luck to all this year.
Dukes_Daddy and ktucker28 like this.
RoosterKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Water, water, water! Chukars drink EVERY day. Usually they won't travel more than 1/2 mile from it. Chukars move away from human noise and almost always UP hill. Keep quiet and listen when you think you're in Chukar country.
BPturkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Britts are good dogs I got a ton of birds with mine back in high school. Don't listen to what airborne says, he's just starting out with his first dog which is still a pup. The foothills around Provo and Orem are full of birds that will give you some closer hunting for your young dog.
Birdbow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

You should listen to Birdbow, who hasn't killed a chukar since the 1990s. He has a well worn couch for sitting and he would be more than happy to take you on an internet chukar hunt in those easy walkin foothills, the same foothills that broke my ankle last year

This is my 3rd season chukar hunting, second with a dog, hunted half a season last year, killed 42 wild public land chukar, baring any injuries I will kill over 75 this season, guess that makes me a rookie.

If you caring helpers of newbees would go ahead and hotspot I would love it! Please post up some coordinates of good easy to reach chukar populations, I promise I will hunt the crap out of that area until all birds are scattered or killed, will even post up some pics for ya! Funny how all of the guys giving atta boys are not giving away areas to hunt--could it be that they are internet commandos like my good friend Birdbow--perhaps

I love ya Mike but don't throw stones when living in glass internet houses. I hope your are getting settled in down south.
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #30 (permalink)

If you want to find chuckars you need to go down that road and then turn left. Go a ways up that road and then take the road that goes to the right. follow that one for a little ways and you will see a sign, turn left at the sign an go a long ways and once you come to the big tree get out and start hiking.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.