»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,603
Threads: 57,025
Welcome to our newest member, Beanus

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Turkey Snow Angel

Didn't make it out opening weekend, but went out this morning for my son's LE turkey hunt. Icy cold morning. Coldest turkey hunt I've been on so far. 5+ inches of snow on the ground that wasn't there when we went up Thursday to check up on the flock.

They were gobbling like crazy this morning and had one coming into calls that must have been 50 yards away in the trees. Just couldn't get him to come that last little bit. He had at least 1-2 hens with him, so I'm sure he was more interested in following them around, then coming into our setup. Maybe I need to learn how to call the hens in.

Anyway, the meadow we setup in this morning was full of turkey tracks in the fresh snow. They had to have been in there yesterday, as the snow fell late Saturday night.

Check out this pattern in the attached image. Maybe the turkey experts here can chime in, but to me, it looks like a hen or two was serviced here? Looks like a snow angel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TurkeyTracks.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	108625
brisket is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisket View Post
Didn't make it out opening weekend, but went out this morning for my son's LE turkey hunt. Icy cold morning. Coldest turkey hunt I've been on so far. 5+ inches of snow on the ground that wasn't there when we went up Thursday to check up on the flock.

They were gobbling like crazy this morning and had one coming into calls that must have been 50 yards away in the trees. Just couldn't get him to come that last little bit. He had at least 1-2 hens with him, so I'm sure he was more interested in following them around, then coming into our setup. Maybe I need to learn how to call the hens in.

Anyway, the meadow we setup in this morning was full of turkey tracks in the fresh snow. They had to have been in there yesterday, as the snow fell late Saturday night.

Check out this pattern in the attached image. Maybe the turkey experts here can chime in, but to me, it looks like a hen or two was serviced here? Looks like a snow angel.

Attachment 108625
Well, I'am no expert, but clearly looks like at least two hens where molested in the same spot. That old tom was just linin 'em up. He da man!
BPturkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.