> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,651
Threads: 57,231
Welcome to our newest member, mack2017
Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbuckmaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefreak View Post
the difference is extremely minimal.. only reason why I say the 6 was smoother is because it seemed to fall into the back wall more firm.
getting more rotation out of the cam maybe??

The 7 was an incredible bow in its self.

I would be happy with either.
if I were to number them I would say the R7 was a 9.5 and the R6 was a 10
out of 10 stars, or 10 thumbs up

Maybe I need to shoot them both again. leave my hoody on, do 50 pushups stand and shoot.....
Can you see the difference in the cams? Or the reason the 7 "felt" not as smooth?
Those photos are from both bows

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I cannot see a difference in the picture, maybe they get more rotation from drawing office 6 inch brace height versus a 7 inch. I shot both the Bose and they were both set at 27 1/2 inch draw, but the Reign 7 seemed to me to have just a slightly longer draw across my face then the Reign 6. And I'm wondering if those things were due to drawing six-inch brace height of bow? Maybe getting just a little more rotation out of the cam?
goosefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2017, 04:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

High Desert it's not a hoyt so your example doest work in this instance.

The cams on the 7 and 6 are the same cam. That's the reason I posted the photo. The only difference is brace height on the bow. One inch difference in brace height equals 10 fps. The reason the cam on the 7 felt different is because it was probably slightly out of time. It doest take much either for you to feel it. It is virtually impossible for a bow shop to keep every bow in tune for every guy that comes in and wants to test drive them.

swbuckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

swbuckmaster - you missed the point...
High Desert Elk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2017, 04:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

If you look at the riser differences. You will see the 6 is more reflexed. To me that automatically means less accurate on average.
I gave you an example of my daughter who is a top ten in her age division in the USA with her 6" brace height bow scores were average 297 16x with best being 299 20 something x. I took the same bow and made it a 7 inch brace height and scores went up. Average is 298 to 299 20 plus x. However she shoots alot of 300 games with her best being 300 26x. In a tournament or hunting situation I want to be absolutely confident I can make the shot. Accuracy trumps speed when it comes to bows. Guarantee you you can't tell the difference in 10 fps pulling your arrows out of a target or game. Maybe some day you might want to shoot 3d with that bow. Would you be more impressed that your arrow sticks in a foam target a millimeter more or impressed you actually hit what your aiming at.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

Think of it like this do you want an inch grouping gun or 1/2 inch gun. Either will kill an elk. However if your competing or extending the range I'm going for the 1/2 gun.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Desert Elk View Post
swbuckmaster - you missed the point...
I didn't miss the point. Different size hoyt cams don't apply to bowtech bows with the same size cam set at the same draw length. The 6 inch also isn't going to have more rotation then the 7. Look at the photo of the cams I posted. They are set in the same spot compared to the limbs.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbuckmaster View Post
I didn't miss the point. Different size hoyt cams don't apply to bowtech bows with the same size cam set at the same draw length. The 6 inch also isn't going to have more rotation then the 7. Look at the photo of the cams I posted. They are set in the same spot compared to the limbs.

The point was - yes, draw length can affect the way a cam operates at optimimum performance. Not on every cam system. I was simply answering a question...
High Desert Elk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 06:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

If i shoot both bows with a 27.5 inch draw, aren't I drawing the 6 off the brace an extra inch over the 7 to equivalent my draw length?
Being that the string is 1 inch closer to the brace it would have to travel 1 inch farther then the 7 to equivalent the same draw right? otherwise the 6 would be a 26.5 draw if they were both set at the same spec.
Contrary to the picture, maybe the string pegs on the cams are machined to different calibration than the 7, compensating that "lost" or "not lost" inch??

I don't know if I believe that if you took the same cams and torqued the limbs so that the string is 1 inch closer to the riser and set both bows on the same hole, that they would be the same draw. That inch has to go somewhere.. to me that inch would go into the draw causing the cam to turn a frog hair more. Those particular measuresments required probably wouldn't be seen unless you had a calibration tool..

IDK, just my theory... maybe I'm wrong

Last edited by goosefreak; 04-06-2017 at 06:30 PM.
goosefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #29 (permalink)

From my observation and experience, what makes up the difference is not in the draw, but in the riser configuration, i.e. angle of the limbs as they come off the riser, length of limbs, or how far the limb pockets are set in or out from the grip part of the riser. If it were made up in the cam rotation, then that would definitely affect the feel of the draw due to cam rotation. Things that would affect the cam rotation would be the location of the draw stops. On my Elites, there is an adjustable draw stop, which will affect the cam rotation, increase or decrease the valley or increase and decrease the draw length as well as let off. Twisting the string will relax or increase the tension on the limbs which will also affect brace height and affect cam rotation except in the case of a parallel limb bow. You can also affect cam rotation by increasing or decreasing the twists of the buss cables. That in itself normally doesn't affect brace height... at least on my Elite bows. Manufacturers recommend buss cable lengths and string lengths because that puts the draw, cam rotation, axel to axel length and brace height to what they determine is optimal for their particular model.
AF CYN likes this.
bow_dude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #30 (permalink)

For any newbies, here's a good right up on bh.
http://www.huntersfriend.com/compoun...rch-guide.html
AF CYN likes this.
ISHY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.