Utah Wildlife Forum banner

St. George Archery Hunters

8K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  Wicked wood 
#1 ·
Looking for a few hunting buds this year that are planning on hunting the Pinevalley unit this year for archery deer and elk.

I plan on doing some scouting now and more heavily closer to the season.

Next years hunt begins the minute this seasons hunt ends-Fred Bear.

#2 ·
Me and my buds hunt the Zion unit, don't know anyone hunting the Pine Valley unit. Go to some shoots at the Red Rock Bowmen range you would probably run into a few there. I'm not sure if TNT archery is still doing 3D shoots but that would be a good place to meet some people in the area also. Good luck.

PS: Red Rock Bowmen membership is cheap and the range is awesome!!

Reactions: Groganite
#3 ·
Panguitch would probably be your best bet for units down in that area if you are serious about doing a deer/elk combo. There just aren't many elk in Pine Valley. However, Pine Valley would be the best unit to hunt if you don't have loads of free time and need to squeeze in a lot of after work/school hunts in the evenings.

Zion has decent elk numbers in places but you are looking at nearly all private property there.

#6 ·
The good thing with archery is that you can go hunt elk out there on Pine Valley, and when you get discouraged because you can't find them, you can still go hunt Zion. Then Panguitch. Then Beaver. All on the same day if you want!

Pine Valley is a great deer unit. Especially when you get up into the Wilderness area.

#18 ·
Still looking for a few good huntin buds for this years archery season, put up 4 game cams and salt. Seen a few nice bucks already. found these nice 6x4 sheds and the monster that I think they belong to last weekend.

Attachments

#19 ·
Nice find. I drew my PV archery tag. Was up there this past weekend. On my way up from Vegas I decided to take the old highway and spent a little time Friday evening glassing up Utah hill and West Mtn. Interesting. My dad used to take us hunting up on the edges of the reservation, fun to remember.

Then headed up that dirt road out of Gunlock towards the Enterprise reservoir to a spot I wanted to check out at first light saturday.

Then hiked in a few miles saturday off the Pine valley side towards the wilderness to get up on top of the PV mtn. steeper then it looked ended up glassing the benches a bit up there. Then to St. George saturday night to put in a washer and dryer for my mom.

Headed back this weekend to try the New Harmony side again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.