> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,598
Threads: 56,997
Welcome to our newest member, TurkeyThug
Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

The turkey hunt gets me thru till the results come out.
Plus, it's my crazy busy time at work.
So I stay pretty occupied.
2full is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've been shooting my bow a lot, but I'm starting to feel a little joint point in my right shoulder, so the bow shooting might take a back seat for a bit.
colorcountrygunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

I hadn't given much thought about the draws this year until today. I try to go on one quality hunt each year (e.g. Canada, South Dakota, Argentina) and doing the research for these trips pretty much satisfies my impatience waiting on draw results. 2017 will be a strange year as the likelihood of me drawing a Utah tag is basically zero. Also, this will be the first time, since 2009, that I won't hunt antelope in Wyoming.

Last edited by CPAjeff; 04-12-2017 at 11:42 PM.
CPAjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2017, 12:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

This is a first for me where I've got basically zero chance of drawing. Combine the slim odds and the various financial expenses I'm already committing myself to this year, and I'm actually dreading charge on my credit card! Which is exactly why if I'm ever going to draw a Utah sheep, moose, or Henry's deer tag it's going to be this year! Oh well... Money happens, right?
johnnycake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
in need of more patience

i doubt i have much of a shot either but we did put in for a party hunt so maybe???? at least would love a good archery deer hunt, as for elk i have my spot and hopefully my same stubborn ass bull and just need to go to his hiding spot opening day this year and not chase him all the way there while he laughs at me doing so like last year.

BIG BULL = 1
ME = 0
cdbright is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

I have a next to 0 chance of drawing any tag that would be considered enviable, but that doesn't even matter to me. I get just as excited buying an OTC spike tag as I do hunting Deer, Antlerless Elk, or any other Big Game animal for that matter.

For me it's all about the time in the woods with family and friends, pursuing our quarry. I just can't stop thinking about it.
cdbright likes this.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

I don't care about the draws when I don't have any points.
Its also easy to forget about the draws when this is the best time of year to fish.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
swbuckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

After classes end in 2 weeks, I'll be passing the time chasing turkeys and hopefully going after some crawfish. By the time that's over, I'll be scouting for some spike elk.
JuniorPre 360 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

It is a long time between the app period and letting us know, but UT does let us know sooner than some other states. CO, WY, NV, KS, ID, all post at the same time or after Utah.....

I don't spend too much time wondering about the wait. There are too many great things to do in the Spring.

Packout is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packout View Post
It is a long time between the app period and letting us know, but UT does let us know sooner than some other states. CO, WY, NV, KS, ID, all post at the same time or after Utah.....

I don't spend too much time wondering about the wait. There are too many great things to do in the Spring.

True they post the results later in the year, but I know for at least Wyoming the results that come out in June/July have an application deadline at the end of May. So the actual delay isn't too bad. The WY elk application deadline is also only like a month or so before the draw results too IIRC.
johnnycake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.