> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,612
Threads: 57,043
Welcome to our newest member, TheoCleaner
Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

I applied for nebo and manti elk because they're close by.
I applied for the premium Henrys tag because as bad as the odds are, it's pretty much my only chance to pull that tag.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

I just spent $30 on expo tags. Is there another college student out there like me that had a feeling of regret for wasting money that could pay for 1/8 of a textbook? I guess those feelings will go away when I kill a bison or a Henry Mountains deer...
Raptorman likes this.
JuniorPre 360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hunt expo starter kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly22, bowgy, torowy and 8 others like this.
bamacpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 02:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Ok bamacpl, that made me laugh. When you see some of us older hunters shaking our head it is not the first stages of Parkinson's it is things in your post You need to add ear gauges and piercings.
bamacpl and MuscleWhitefish like this.

Sometimes bravery has been considered stupidity, but never has stupidity been considered bravery.
bowgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Just seeing those skinny jeans, white rimmed glasses and flat brimmed hat fill me with anger!
Old 02-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Well, I went and validated and walked around the expo today. It was great, I walked over from my office. (No paying for parking) I had a free ticket to get in. I was there right at the beginning, so got a free Skre hat from them since we were one of the first people through their booth. My brother paid for my way overpriced Diet Coke. I saw some awesome animals, had a great time chatting with some good friends, got a free hat, and didn't spend a penny doing it!

Being only Thursday morning, the number of dudes wearing skinny jeans with beards and flattys was much lower than it will be Friday night and Saturday. But I also didn't spend much time in celebrity corner.

I put in for 9 hunts total. That is double what I usually do. I apologize ahead of time for anyone that wasted $5 on the hunts I'm going to draw. I won't reveal them just yet, but I may need to do a poll which elk tag I'm going to keep and which one will be turned over to the next in line.
bamacpl and JuniorPre 360 like this.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorPre 360 View Post
I just spent $30 on expo tags. Is there another college student out there like me that had a feeling of regret for wasting money that could pay for 1/8 of a textbook? I guess those feelings will go away when I kill a bison or a Henry Mountains deer...
I blew enough to buy an entire 1/5 of a textbook. I'd have normally spent less, but I'm finishing up this May. I figured I'd draw myself an early graduation present. The regret won't hit me unless the results are posted and I come up empty. Even then, I get over it pretty fast. I'd rather know I didn't draw than wonder if I could have drawn (as dumb as that probably sounds).

Hang in there! If there's one thing I know, it's that a man needs a few dreams and distractions in order to survive the rigors of college life.

Good luck!
JuniorPre 360 likes this.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks bama. Picked up my starter kit tonight. My beard is good. Just need to buzz my full head of hair and I'm ready to rock!

I'm headed in on Saturday, I should fit right in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
bamacpl likes this.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

You know, I've noticed with some skinnier pants I've purchased recently the uh "advertisement" of my goods has resulted in an uptick of positive female attention which in turn makes my wife a bit possessive and handsy... So I'll admit, I've had to stop bashing on tight fit pants a bit unless the dude has scrawny chicken legs that make even the skinny jeans look baggy! And bamacpl, where'd you find a pic of bowgy's secret lucky hat? Maybe if I'd managed to steal it during my hunt I wouldn't have ended up with a broken scope!
bowgy and bamacpl like this.
johnnycake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

You don't have to lie to hang out, johnnycake. Just sayin...
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.