Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Is it just me or is this way illegal?

6K views 70 replies 22 participants last post by  HOGAN 
#1 ·
#10 ·
So I missed it, was a guy trying to let some one pay him to shoot the animal he drew?

I don't think that should be illegal, btw, It ruins it for a guy who gets a good tag & wants to let say, a dad or son or brother, uncle or friend shoot the critter. Who cares who pulls the trigger as long as the tag gets paid for.

I understand the need for management of game animals, just not the management of hunters.

#13 ·
Renegade said:
I don't think that should be illegal, btw, It ruins it for a guy who gets a good tag & wants to let say, a dad or son or brother, uncle or friend shoot the critter. Who cares who pulls the trigger as long as the tag gets paid for.
HUH? Are you joking? If the person who drew the tag doesn't hunt or doesn't want to hunt, why are they putting in for tags? The point is that when someone fills a tag for a person who otherwise wouldn't, an animal is taken away from the rest of us...it is like poaching. It DOES matter who pulls the trigger because animals are getting killed and taken away from the general public that otherwise wouldn't be killed!

#14 ·
wyoming2utah said:
Renegade said:
HUH? Are you joking? If the person who drew the tag doesn't hunt or doesn't want to hunt, why are they putting in for tags? The point is that when someone fills a tag for a person who otherwise wouldn't, an animal is taken away from the rest of us...it is like poaching. It DOES matter who pulls the trigger because animals are getting killed and taken away from the general public that otherwise wouldn't be killed!
Huh? What? what I said is right up there.

The problem with it is that the dnr gets pissed when somebody draws a tag and then sells it for 10 grand or whatever when they sold it for 200. If I buy a Shelby GT 500 (or win one), and sell it, no one gets pissed off. If a guy draws a tag and ends up in the hospital with a stroke, his son or brother or boyfriend or wife or whatever can't go shoot the animal-all they get to do is throw it away. If some knothead wants to pay a stupid amount of money for a tag I drew, who cares?

It's stupid.

#15 ·
[quote="Renegade If a guy draws a tag and ends up in the hospital with a stroke, his son or brother or boyfriend or wife or whatever can't go shoot the animal-all they get to do is throw it away.
[/quote]

You can turn the tag back in. You might lose your money. But they will keep there points and can draw it again then next year. I sure in the hell wont sell my tag if i cant go. I will give it back take the lose on the money and give the next guy/gal in line the tag and try again the next year.

#19 ·
This is for all of you idiots that think "Party Hunting" is ok!

A very good freind and family member is probably going to jail for doing this same thing. He has two felony counts against him and four misdemeanors. Party hunting is highly illegal and you will be punished to the full extent for doing so.
This guy thought he could hunt with his freinds tag now faces jail time and over 10,000 in fees.

Party Hunting is Poaching!!!! All of you that have expressed you feelings on party hunting and think it's ok, I wish you the best. The DWR is already looking into those of you that have posted that you think "Poaching" is ok.

#22 ·
Renegade said:
Allright, so now we have some stated opinions, can I ask a few questions?

I don't think anyone has argued that it is illegal, or that it isn't poaching (since it is illegal, it of course falls under the definition of poaching), but,

(1)why is it illegal in the first place?

(2) How, specifically, does it affect the scientific management of game animals?
1) the person that pulls the triger and dont have a tag. That CALLED POACHING and then the other guy is taging it.It called party hunting. That two law that would eb breaken right there.

#24 ·
dkhntrdstn said:
Renegade said:

I don't think anyone has argued that it is illegal, or that it isn't poaching (since it is illegal, it of course falls under the definition of poaching), but,

(2) How, specifically, does it affect the scientific management of game animals?
1) the person that pulls the triger and dont have a tag. That CALLED POACHING and then the other guy is taging it.It called party hunting. That two law that would eb breaken right there.
OK, we understand that.

Care to address 1 & 2? Or no? I'm just looking for opinions on the laws themselves.

#25 ·
Renegade said:
dkhntrdstn said:
Renegade said:

OK, we understand that.

Care to address 1 & 2? Or no? I'm just looking for opinions on the laws themselves.
I dont under stand what you want on 2?

#26 ·
dkhntrdstn said:
TEX-O-BOB said:
bwhntr said:
Seriously, who really cares?
+1
You both should care. If we all didnt care. Then there would be more people out there doing this crap. It poaching and party hunting. I know you guys realy care just dont want to get up in on this topic.
Ummmm, no we really don't care. In fact I care soooo little that it pains me to even say as much as I already have. That being said, this is an extremely rare occurance and has no impact whatsoever to your hunting experience. One tag, one animal...like I said who cares. I must stop now the pain is too much...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.